YouTube has given music fans around the world front row access to one of the world’s most coveted music festivals with its exclusive two-weekend livestream.
However, this year’s YouTube Coachella livestream will be much different and bigger and better than ever with a fully immersive experience for virtual attendees. Beyond the live performances from today’s most sought after artists and rising stars, fans can enjoy the following:
- Intimate artist interviews with artists and creators to talk Coachella fashion, beauty trends and more.
- YouTube Shorts behind-the-scenes content – Shorts has been making a huge splash leading up to the festival through a sweepstakes giving fans across the U.S. a chance to win the ultimate prize: a pair of Lifetime Coachella passes in the form of an NFT. Six creators (Benoftheweek, Kaiti Yoo, Kirsten Titus, Larray, Lauren Giraldoand Quenlin Blackwell) will also “live” at the YouTube Shorts Compound on-site to capture their festival experience on their respective YouTube Channels. Dozens more creators are also set to document their festival fun on Shorts, including Alyssa McKay, Gunnar Deatherage, DankScole, Hannah Montoya and many more.
- YouTube Premium pre-parties from Cordae, 88rising and Banda MS during Weekend 1, along with Omar Apollo, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu and beabadoobee during Weekend 2.
- Exclusive Coachella and artist merchandise via YouTube Shopping – Custom merch from festival performers Billie Eilish, BROCKHAMPTONand Flume will drop on Saturday, April 16th and be available for purchase the entire day, directly on the livestream watchpage.
- Real-time interaction and engagement through YouTube’s Live Chat.
Global festival-goers can now set tune-in reminders for the Coachella livestream here.
You can find full details at the YouTube blog post here and copied below!