Starting Tonight, Tune In For Another Weekend of Next Level Performances From Harry Styles, Billie Eilish, Swedish House Mafia x The Weeknd and more, Plus Coachella Curated Content From Today’s Hottest Artists From Anitta to Run The Jewels and many more on the festival lineup.
After a phenomenal first weekend of Coachella filled with next level livestream performances, artist interviews, behind-the-scenes YouTube Shorts, exclusive merch drops, YouTube Premium pre-parties and more, YouTube will return to the desert for weekend 2 to deliver the “Coachella Curated” livestream experience for fans around the world.
What to Expect From Coachella Curated
Coachella Curated deep dives into the stories of some of today’s most thrilling artists, giving fans insight into their lives and careers. From candid artist interviews to immersive mini documentaries, plus live performances, the Coachella Curated programming gives fans an opportunity to both discover new artists and learn more about those they already love on the Coachella bill. This livestream experience showcases Coachella from a different vantage point, while still delivering some of the weekend’s most exhilarating performances, live from the festival grounds.
Coachella Curated begins tonight, April 22 at 5 PM PT / 8 PM ET and runs through the weekend. The livestream begins with special programming from artists like Anitta, Bishop Briggs, Cuco, Danny Elfman, FINNEAS, Omar Apollo, Run The Jewels, Turnstile and many others performing at the fest, with interspersed live performances. At 10 PM PT / 1 AM ET each night, immediately following the curated content experience, the livestream will pivot to more live performances across three channels from some of the weekend’s biggest acts including Harry Styles, Billie Eilish, Swedish House Mafia x The Weeknd, Grupo Firme, BROCKHAMPTON, Doja Cat and more. Activating three channels at that time – Coachella Curated plus two bonus channels – gives fans access to even more live music performances from across the festival grounds.
How & Where to Tune In To Weekend 2
Music fans everywhere can tune in to this weekend’s livestream from desktop, mobile, living room or the YouTube Music app. The Coachella Curated schedule and set times can be found in the description of each channel now at www.youtube.com/Coachella. There, fans around the world can set reminders for the main Coachella Curated channel and the two bonus channels now.
The weekend two livestream is sponsored by Minions: The Rise of Gru and Tic Tac in the U.S. and will be hosted by Joe Kay and Veronica De La Cruz who will join at the top of the hour to set the stage for what’s to come. Live Chat will also be back in action on the Coachella Curated channel. And similarly to last weekend, the channel will be replayed until the next day’s content begins.
Encore All Access Features For Weekend 2
Many of the immersive and first ever livestream experience features introduced during weekend 1 of Coachella are back for Weekend 2:
- Exclusive Merch Drops Via YT Shopping: For the first time, YouTube Shopping offered virtual viewers a chance to purchase exclusive merchandise directly on the watchpage, without ever leaving the livestream. Last weekend, fans got access to custom merch from Billie Eilish, BROCKHAMPTON and Flume all day Saturday, in addition to Coachella-specific merch all weekend long. In case you missed it, these merch drops will be available during the same windows through weekend 2.
- #YouTubeCoachellaSweepstakes: Last Monday, April 11, several creators including Katie Yoo, Blair Walnuts and ZoeUnlimited helped to kick off the YouTube Coachella Sweepstakes, giving fans across the U.S. a chance to win the ultimate prize: a pair of Lifetime Coachella passes in the form of an NFT. The sweepstakes runs through April 30, so fans can continue to submit their entries until then. More details can be found here!*
- Exclusive YouTube Premium Pre-Parties: During Weekend 1, YouTube Premium members were treated to exclusive Premium pre-parties from Cordae, 88rising and Banda MS on their respective YouTube channels ahead of their festival sets. The fun will continue during weekend 2 with pre-parties from Omar Apollo, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu and beabadoobee. Set your reminders now!
Highlights From Weekend 1 of Front Row Coachella
YouTube gave music fans worldwide an all access pass to the highly anticipated return of Coachella at the Empire Polo Club during weekend 1. Below are just a few of the many memorable moments:
- Groundbreaking Performances: YouTube’s Weekend 1 live stream provided fans around the world front row seats to show stopping performances from Harry Styles, Billie Eilish, Swedish House Mafia, The Weeknd, Arcade Fire, Anitta, Karol G, 88rising, Flume, Megan Thee Stallion, BROCKHAMPTON, Doja Cat and so many more. In case you missed it, visit Coachella’s YouTube Channel now to catch some of the weekend’s biggest music moments.
- YouTube Artist Lounge: Throughout the weekend Artists, Creators and fashion Influencers stopped by YouTube’s Coachella Artist Lounge to hang out, create Shorts and capture behind-the-scenes content. On Friday, Omar Apollo, Raveena, BENOFTHEWEEK, The Regrettes and Chris Appleton, amongst others, stopped by. On Saturday, Japanese Breakfast, Kim Petras, Denzel Curry, Vince Staples, JID, Khalid, Girl in Red, Holly Humberstone, Lous and the Yakouza and Nicky Nicole came through, followed by the one-and-only Megan Thee Stallion, Natanael Cano, Sam Fischer and more on Sunday.
- YouTube Shorts Compound: For the first time ever, six creators – Benoftheweek, Kaiti Yoo, Kirsten Titus, Larray, Lauren Giraldo and Quenlin Blackwell – lived at YouTube’s onsite Shorts Compound. The creators, who camped on site in their own customized RV’s, documented their festival days on Shorts throughout the weekend. Check out their channels now to get a behind-the-scenes look at their Coachella weekend.
Don’t miss another weekend of groundbreaking live performances and Coachella Curated content on www.youtube.com/Coachella. And catch all the highlights from weekend 2 by following @YouTube & @YouTubeMusic on Instagram and Twitter. #LetsCoachella
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open to legal residents of 50 US/DC, 14+ at entry. Minors may require proof of permission to enter. Begins 9 AM PT on 4/7/22; ends 11:59 PM PT on 4/30/22. Limit 1 entry per person. Winner must have a valid, active NFT wallet to receive the prize. See here for full rules and alternate means of entry.