If you’re a model in New York or a model in general, then you must know about TRUE Modeling Management. They’re the biggest agency in New York City. TRUE is known for their diverse choice in models, booking models from average to plus size that come from all walks of the life. The owner Dale Noelle is a former model and all around female of power, supporting woman causes and being a great community leader. TRUE Model is also based in New York in which their headquarters reside.
Dale Noelle’s modeling agency stands out with its dynamic roster, encouraging plus size and average sized models. The modeling industry is known for setting a particular standard when it comes to the types of models being chosen for runway shows, commercials, magazines and other forms of advertisement. TRUE Modeling has broken thru that boundary by having an amazing choice of models being booked for amazing opportunities.
Empowering women seems to be a main focus in 2016, more women are coming together to build empires. It’s usually hard to find larger companies that actually do support women, and pride themselves on encouraging women power! TRUE Model has provided a list of five major companies that are supporting women empowerment.
- 31 Bits
- The mission behind 31 Bits is succinct, but powerful – “Using Fashion and design to empower people to rise above poverty.” The company has created a 5-year beneficiary program in Uganda. Women in the program are given the opportunity to receive an income and to provide for their families by creating 31 Bits fashions. Additionally, 31 Bits Beneficiaries are given access to counseling, health education, finance training, and business mentorship. At the end of the 5-year term, women are ready to graduate. According to 31 Bits, “A graduated beneficiary has her own business and is educated, healthy, and confident. She is empowered.”
- Raven + Lilly
- Raven + Lilyis an ethical fashion and lifestyle brand that is dedicated to empowering women. The company seeks to break the cycle of poverty by employing marginalized women at fair trade wages, which gives them access to a safe work place, the ability to provide for their families, and access to health care and education. Raven + Lily currently employs over 1,500 marginalized women in 9 different countries, including the USA. In the USA, Raven + Lily employs women that were previously homeless to create hand crafted candles.
- The Brave Collection
- The Brave Collectionis a jewelry company that is rooted in helping women. Each piece of jewelry is carved and/or woven by hand, in Cambodia, using traditional metalwork techniques. The Brave Collection employs Cambodian artisans who have disabilities or who are underprivileged. Most of the artisans are mothers and they can choose to work in the company’s studio or to work from home, if it makes caring for their children easier to do. Additionally, all artisans are paid above average wages and receive benefits such as health insurance and stipends for their children’s education.
- Birdsongis a fashion company focused on investing in women and the future of women. The company was founded in 2014 by “a trio of feminists,” who saw the negative effects that cuts in funding was having on organizations for women. The company is dedicated to creating high quality pieces that are ethically sourced and manufactured. 50-85% of each purchase goes back to the women who made the item(s). Additionally, the company does not use Photoshop and seeks to represent all women. Birdsong has raised more than £10,000 (about $13,000 USD) for women’s charities annually.
- FashionABLE is a fashion company on a mission to better the world and the lives of women. While FashionABLE believes in the power of charity, they also believe it takes more than donating money and resources to charities to break the cycle of poverty. Instead, FashionABLE is focused on creating opportunities that will give women the tools they need to be empowered and successful, both locally and globally. Therefore, though FASHION – women will be ABLE to stop their cycle of poverty. In 2015, the company created the Miriam Collection, which is created in Nashville, TN, and provides 5 fulltime jobs to women who have overcome a number of challenges ranging from addiction to a lack of opportunity. The company hopes to greatly expand and to provide more opportunities in 2016.
In essence, if you’re looking for a new modeling agency that empowers women. TRUE Model Management may be the answer for you! Make sure you also check out their blog for recipes, fashion ideas and words of courage!