The Awards Air Live Sunday, May 23 at 8 P.M. ET / 5 P.M. PT on NBC
Los Angeles, CA (April 30, 2021) – dick clark productions and NBC today announced that multi-platinum recording artist, actor and current “Voice” coach Nick Jonas is set to host the “2021 Billboard Music Awards” (BBMA), live from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles on Sunday, May 23 at 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT on NBC.
- Nick is a member of the three-time Billboard Music Award-winning trio Jonas Brothers. The band dominated the charts in 2019 with comeback album Happiness Begins and continued to soar with their sold-out “Happiness Begins Tour,” with over 1.2 million tickets sold.
- A recipient of the Songwriters Hall of Fame’s prestigious Hal David Starlight Award, Jonas co-wrote the 2018 Golden Globe®-nominated. original song “Home” for the movie “Ferdinand.”
- As an actor, Jonas garnered critical praise for his role in the 2016 Sundance Film Festival film “Goat” and appeared alongside Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, and Jack Black in “Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle,” Sony’s highest-grossing domestic film.
- Jonas also starred in Roland Emmerich’s “Midway” and recently completed Lionsgate’s post-apocalyptic thriller “Chaos Walking,” starring Daisy Ridley and Tom Holland, and is now streaming.
- Jonas currently serves as a coach on the four-time Emmy Award®-winning competition series “The Voice.”
- This year’s awards are based on the chart period of March 21, 2020 through April 3, 2021. “Billboard Music Awards” finalists and winners are based on key fan interactions with music, including album and digital song sales, streaming, radio airplay, and social engagement, tracked by Billboard and its data partners, including MRC Data. Fan-voted categories include Top Social Artist and Top Collaboration.
- For more than 30 years, the BBMAs has celebrated music’s greatest achievements, honoring the hottest names in music today. Unique among music awards shows, finalists are determined by performance on the Billboard Charts. Since 1940, the Billboard Charts have been the go-to guide for ranking the popularity of artists, songs and albums, and are the ultimate measure of success in music.
- The annual live broadcast showcases spectacular performances, unexpected collaborations, buzzworthy pop culture moments that keep fans talking all year and the prestigious ICON Award, which honors record-breaking artists and their impact on music.
- The “2021 Billboard Music Awards” is produced by dick clark productions. Barry Adelman and Robert Deaton are executive producers.
- For the latest news on the Billboard Music Awards (BBMAs) visit billboardmusicawards.com and www.billboard.com/bbma. For exclusive content and more, be sure to follow the BBMAs on social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, YouTube) and join the conversation by using the official hashtag for the show, #BBMAs.
dick clark productions (dcp) is the world’s largest producer and proprietor of televised live event entertainment programming with the “Academy of Country Music Awards,” “American Music Awards,” “Billboard Music Awards,” “Golden Globe Awards,” “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest” and the “Streamy Awards.” Weekly television programming includes “So You Think You Can Dance” from 19 Entertainment and dcp. dcp also owns one of the world’s most extensive and unique entertainment archive libraries with more than 60 years of award-winning shows, historic programs, specials, performances and legendary programming. dcp is part of MRC Live & Alternative, a division of diversified global entertainment company MRC. For additional information, visit www.mrcentertainment.com.