29th AUGUST 2017
LEGENDARY FILM WEAPONS & COSTUMES TO BE SOLD IN £3M AUCTION
Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Conan the Barbarian sword amongst 600 lots of movie memorabilia in upcoming London auction on Tuesday26th September 2017
- Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Atlantean Rehearsal Sword from his leading role in John Milius’ Conan the Barbarian is estimated to sell for between £8,000 – 10,000
- This iconic sword will be sold alongside props and costumes from some of cinema’s most legendary movies including Russell Crowe’s Stunt Sword and Scabbard from Ridley Scott’s Gladiator which is estimated between £4,000 – 6,000
- Prop Store’s Entertainment Memorabilia Live Auction will feature a collection of film memorabilia worth over £2-3 million
- A preview exhibition presenting over 300 auction lots will take place between 7th – 26th September 2017 at the BFI IMAX in Waterloo, London
Stephen Lane, Prop Store CEO, commented on the upcoming auction – “We’re very pleased to be able to offer this collection of impressive weapons and costumes from a wide-range of cinema classics including Maximus’ sword from Gladiator, and Tom Hanks’ costume from his Oscar-nominated role in Saving Private Ryan. These great items and hundreds more will go under the hammer at Prop Store’s Entertainment Memorabilia Live Auction on 26th September at London’s BFI IMAX proudly presented by ODEON.
The Prop Store Live Auction will feature lots from cinema classics including:
- The Scorpion King’s (Dwayne Johnson) Hero Sword from The Mummy Returns. Estimate £3k – 5k
- Captain John Miller’s (Tom Hanks) Beach Invasion Uniform from Saving Private Ryan. Estimate £4k – 6k
- Henry Jones’ (Sean Connery) Machine Gun from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Estimate £1k – 1.5k
The auction will be live-streamed online for fans to track the bidding on auction day. A free preview exhibition will be open to the public in the run up to the auction showcasing over 300 lots from the upcoming auction. Movie fans and collectors alike will be able to see these incredible pieces of movie history up-close.
Registration and bidding is now open. Bids can be placed online at www.propstore.com/liveauction,
over the phone or in person.
The free exhibition is open to the public at the BFI IMAX, Waterloo, London, England SE1 8XR from 10:00am to 9:30pm, 7th – 26th September 2017. Prop Store’s Entertainment Memorabilia Live Auction, in partnership with the BFI IMAX proudly presented by ODEON, will also take place at the BFI IMAX, Waterloo on Tuesday 26thSeptember 2017 from 12:00pm.
About Prop Store
Prop Store sells original movie props and costumes and related memorabilia, regularly hosting live and online prop and costume auctions. Over 7,500 items are also available for sale at fixed price on www.propstore.com. Registration is now open at www.propstore.com/liveauction. Online proxy bids can be submitted from Friday 1stSeptember.
Operating since 1998, Prop Store founder Stephen Lane’s love for movies led him to begin hunting for the same props and costumes that were used to create his favourite films. He found that he could not only provide collectors with access to their most coveted pieces, but also establish archival standards for a new, pop-culture hybrid of fine art and memorabilia collecting – prop art. Prop Store handles prop disposal, sale, archive and auction services to production companies and distributors as well as fixed price item sale on its website.
With 86 years of cinema experience, ODEON® Cinemas Group is Europe’s leading international cinema operator. It operates 2,227 screens at 243 sites across Europe, including 120 cinemas in the UK and Ireland. In 2016 the company was acquired by AMC Theatres, creating the largest movie exhibition company in the world.
About the BFI IMAX
The BFI IMAX, proudly presented by ODEON, is the biggest cinema screen in Britain: over 20 metres high and 26 metres wide. Screening the very latest IMAX films, some old favourites and highlights from ODEON Event Cinema as well as educational films, seeing a film here is like nothing else. Packing digital surround sound, a screen almost as high as five double-decker buses, 498 seats including 69 Premier and the likes of Costa Coffee and Ben and Jerry’s, the BFI IMAX is one of London’s largest entertainment experiences. Find out more at: www.odeon.co.uk/BFIIMAX