- The Flintstones
- The Jetsons
- Jonny Quest
- Josie and the Pussycats
- Josie and the Pussycats in Outer Space
- Looney Tunes
- The Looney Tunes Show
- New Looney Tunes
- Paddington Bear
- Scooby-Doo and Scrappy Doo
- The Scooby-Doo Show
- Scooby-Doo Where Are You!
- Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries
- Tom and Jerry (Classic)
- The Yogi Bear Show
Warner Bros.’ MORTAL KOMBAT, Kate Winslet In Limited Series MARE OF EASTTOWN, New Comedy Series MADE FOR LOVE Arrive On HBO Max This April
t’s time to spring into action with “Mortal Kombat,” debuting in theaters and on HBO Max April 23. Inspired by the blockbuster video game franchise, “Mortal Kombat” brings together Earth’s greatest champions against the enemies of Outworld in a high stakes battle for the universe. “Godzilla vs. Kong” (released March 31) will also continue to be available on HBO Max and in theaters this April, with both films available on HBO Max for 31 days from their respective theatrical releases in the U.S. included at no additional cost to subscribers.
April brings an incredible array of original programming kicking-off with new drama series “The Nevers,” limited series “Mare of Easttown,” starring Kate Winslet ags Mare Sheehan, a small-town Pennsylvania detective who investigates a local murder as life crumbles around her, season two of the Emmy® nominated “A Black Lady Sketch Show,” and “Made For Love,” a darkly absurd and cynically poignant story of love and divorce. This month also brings “Ellen’s Next Great Designer,” Mark Wahlberg documentary series “Wahl Street,” “The Big Shot with Bethenny,” season four of “The Great Pottery Throwdown,” and “Generation Hustle.”
The flashy girl from Flushing will make her SVOD premiere in April as “The Nanny” arrives on HBO Max alongside the first seasons of “The Other Two” and “South Side.” The all-new second season of “The Other Two” premieres as a Max Original later this year. The Israeli scripted drama series “On The Spectrum” will also be featured in the month. Film fans can rejoice when favorites including “Space Jam,” “The Color Purple,” “Goodfellas,” “The New Mutants,” (HBO) and “Dreamgirls” (HBO) arrive on HBO Max in the month.
As a reminder, HBO subscribers in the U.S. have free access to the HBO Max app as part of their HBO subscription through participating providers.
TITLES COMING TO HBO MAX IN APRIL
Exact Dates to be Announced:
The Big Shot with Bethenny, Max Original Series Premiere
- In “The Big Shot with Bethenny,” the next generation of business moguls will compete for a chance to be second-in-command to business tycoon and Skinnygirl founder Bethenny Frankel, and win a coveted position working on her executive team. In business and in life, Frankel never settles and only accepts excellence. Through a series of real-life tasks and challenges, each aspiring mogul will be tested to see how far they can push their creativity and determination to rise to the top.
Ellen’s Next Great Designer, Max Original Series Premiere
- In “Ellen’s Next Great Designer,” design aficionado Ellen DeGeneres is giving uniquely talented, up-and-coming furniture designers the chance to push their creativity to the limit.
Generation Hustle, Max Original Series Premiere
- A 10-part HBO Max original from CNN Original Series and Jigsaw Productions about the lengths young people will go to for fame, fortune, and power.
Piano Y Mujer (HBO)
Pray, Obey, Kill, Documentary Series Premiere (HBO)
- In a remote Swedish village called Knutby, a small tight-knit Pentecostal congregation believed Jesus was returning to Earth to marry their leader. When a young woman in the community was murdered and her neighbour suffered multiple gunshot wounds, the ensuing court case became an international sensation. Acclaimed investigative journalists Anton Berg and Martin Johnson, alongside Director Henrik Georgsson (The Bridge) are on a mission to shed light on what really happened in the village of Knutby.
Wahl Street, Max Original Series Premiere
- The 6-episode documentary series offers fans a glimpse into global star Mark Wahlberg’s life as he juggles the demands of a rigorous film schedule coupled with an ever-growing network of diverse businesses including his clothing line, Municipal; his gym studio, F45; restaurant chain Wahlburgers and his production company, Unrealistic Ideas. Along the way, viewers will learn powerful business and life lessons as he navigates the numerous challenges of a global pandemic, all while trying to maintain and expand his vast portfolio. “Wahl Street” will also introduce the cast of colorful characters that make up Wahlberg’s real-life entourage.
April 5: Hard, Season 2 Finale (HBO)
April 6: Genndy Tartokovksy’s Primal, Season 1B
April 7: Exterminate All The Brutes, Documentary Series Premiere (HBO)
- Exterminate All The Brutes, by acclaimed filmmaker Raoul Peck (“I Am Not Your Negro,” HBO’s “Sometimes in April”), is a four-part series that pushes the boundaries of traditional documentary filmmaking, offering an expansive exploration of the exploitative and genocidal aspects of European colonialism, from America to Africa and its impact on society today
South Side, Season 1
April 9: Intemperie (Aka Out In The Open), 2019 (HBO)
The Other Two, Season 1
A Tiny Audience, Season 2 Finale (HBO)
April 10: The New Mutants, 2020 (HBO)
April 11: The Nevers, Drama Series Premiere (HBO)
- August, 1896. Victorian London is rocked to its foundations by a supernatural event which gives certain people – mostly women – abnormal abilities, from the wondrous to the disturbing. But no matter their particular “turns,” all who belong to this new underclass are in grave danger. It falls to mysterious, quick-fisted widow Amalia True (Laura Donnelly) and brilliant young inventor Penance Adair (Ann Skelly) to protect and shelter these gifted “orphans.” To do so, they will have to face the brutal forces determined to annihilate their kind.
April 13: Our Towns, Documentary Premiere (HBO)
April 15: Infinity Train, Max Original Season 4 Premiere
April 17: The Dark Knight Rises, 2012 (HBO)
April 18: Mare of Easttown, Limited Series Premiere (HBO)
- Starring Kate Winslet, an exploration into the dark side of a close community and an authentic examination of how family and past tragedies can define our present.
April 20: Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel (HBO)
April 22: 1,2,3 All Eyes On Me, 2020(HBO)
First Ladies, 2020
Princess Cut, 2020 (HBO)
Rizo, 2020 (HBO)
April 23: A Black Lady Sketch Show, Season 2 Premiere (HBO)
- Created by and starring Robin Thede, A Black Lady Sketch Show is an Emmy® nominated narrative sketch comedy series featuring a core cast of Black women living relatable, hilarious experiences in a magical reality that subverts traditional expectations.
El Robo Del Siglo (Aka Heist Of The Century) (HBO)
Mortal Kombat, Warner Bros. Film Premiere, 2021
April 24: Dreamgirls, 2006 (HBO)
April 26: The Artist, 2011
April 29: Looney Tunes Cartoons, Season 1D