Friday night at iHeartRadio’s Z100 Jingle Ball 2021 Presented by Capital One at the iconic Madison Square Garden in New York, the stars were out in full force on the biggest stop of the national iHeartRadio Jingle Ball Tour 2021 Presented by Capital One.
The event featured performances from iconic and emerging artists including Ed Sheeran, Jonas Brothers, Lil Nas X, Saweetie, AJR, Kane Brown, Tate McRae, Bazzi, and Dixie D’Amelio. In addition, surprise guest Jimmy Fallon introduced Saweetie onto the stage, but not before showcasing the music video of his newest song, “It Was A… (Masked Christmas) for the crowd, which features music sensations Ariana Grande and Megan Thee Stallion. In case you missed it, relive the best moments during The CW Network’s nationwide television special on Wednesday, December 15th at 8 pm ET/PT (which will also air again on Christmas Day – Saturday, December 25th at 8 pm ET/PT.)
- Fan-favorite Ed Sheeran opened the show and set the tone for an electrifying evening. He kicked off his set with an acoustic guitar, performing his latest single, “Shivers” as a one-man-band. He also performed his famous hits, “Perfect,” “Shape Of You” and “Bad Habits,” before performing a stripped-down rendition of his new Holiday song “Merry Christmas,” which features Elton John (who virtually introduced Sheeran to the stage before his set).
- Dixie D’Amelio once again brought down the house with chart-topping hits including “Psycho”, “Real Thing” and “Be Happy.” She surprised the crowd by bringing out her sister Charlie D’Amelio as a backup dancer during her performance of her Christmas song, “Naughty List” at the annual holiday concert.
- Tate McRae performed several hits including “Stupid,” “friends don’t look at friends that way” and smash hit, “You Broke Me First.” The 18-year old star was introduced by Bethenny Frankel and Nicky Hilton Rothschild, who told the crowd: “She got her start as a dancer for one of the biggest pop stars on the planet – Justin Bieber – and now she’s in the spotlight.”
- Bazzi hit the stage with a performance of “Mine” and classic tracks including his 2018 single “Beautiful” which features Camilla Cabello.
- One of the highlights of the festive evening was Saweetie’s Jingle Ball performance. For her appearance at the iconic holiday show, she played all of her biggest hits including ‘Tap In’ before jumping into ‘My Type’ and ‘Icy Chain.’ She had the crowd dancing during her final three songs: ‘Dipped In Ice,’ ‘Icy Girl’ and her mega-hit ‘Best Friend.’
- Kane Brown, known for pushing boundaries with his music, performed some of his best cross-genre songs including “One Thing Right,” “Be Like That” and more.
- Rising star Tai Verdes left the entire arena smiling, dancing, and singing along to every last word during his set at Z100’s Jingle Ball.
- AJR sure knows how to make an entrance. The band of brothers — Adam, Jack, and Ryan Met — went above and beyond during their high-energy set kicking it off with one of the biggest hits from OK Orchestra. Of course, AJR’s show wasn’t complete without a few throwbacks, including “Sober Up,”“Burn The House Down,” and “Weak.”
- Jonas Brothers delivered a fiery performance and fans couldn’t get enough! Nick, Joe, and Kevin Jonas kicked off their set with their Mashmello collaboration “Leave Before You Love Me,” which was released earlier this year. The brothers exceeded expectations during their performance of the latest hits, “Who’s In Your Head,” “What A Man Gotta Do” and “Only Human,” before gracing the crowd with a couple of throwbacks including, “Burnin’ Up” and “Lovebug.” They closed with their 2019 single, “Sucker,” and Christmas wouldn’t be complete without a performance of their 2019 track “Like It’s Christmas.”
- To close the show Lil Nas X came out blazing, bringing the crowd to their feet with “Industry Baby” and his breakout hit “Old TIme Road”.
The event also featured special guests attendees including Jimmy Fallon, Drew Barrymore, Bethany Frankel, Martha Stewart, Laverne Cox, Nicky Hilton Rothschild, Tayshia Adams, Noah Beck, Chloe Bailey, and more!
iHeartRadio’s Z100 Jingle Ball 2021 is the fifth stop of the national iHeartRadio Jingle Ball Tour, the season’s biggest annual music event that captures the holiday spirit of the iHeartRadio app, with performances by this year’s biggest artists in Dallas/Ft. Worth; Los Angeles; Minneapolis/St.Paul; Chicago; New York; Boston; Philadelphia; Washington, D.C.; Atlanta and Miami/Ft. Lauderdale.
The concert also donated $1.00 of each ticket sold to The Ryan Seacrest Foundation — a non-profit organization, which is dedicated to inspiring today’s youth through entertainment and education-focused initiatives.
Proud partners of this year’s national iHeartRadio Jingle Ball Tour include presenting partner Capital One, The CW, and Mercedes-Benz. Z100’s Jingle Ball 2021 is also sponsored locally by Mercedes-Benz, M&M’S® MIX, Children’s Hospital at Montefiore, Dunkin’, Ariana Grande Fragrances, scünci®, Caldwell University, and Lincoln Tech.