Actress June Diane Raphael, Comedian Rachel Bloom, Drag Race icons Michelle Visage, Carson Kressley, Ts Madison, and Daniel Franzese to Appear at DragCon LA 2022
DragCon LA, the world’s largest all-ages, family-friendly celebration of Drag Culture produced by RuPaul and World of Wonder Productions, is taking place May 13-15th at the Los Angeles Convention Center
[Los Angeles, CA – April 29, 2022] Presented by RuPaul and World of Wonder Productions, RuPaul’s DragCon LA 2022 announces today a star-studded list of confirmed talent to appear at the convention as a part of a dazzling slate of live programming. Actress June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie), comedian Rachel Bloom (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend), Drag Race royalty Michelle Visage and Carson Kressley, in addition to the iconic Ts Madison and actor Daniel Franzese are all set to appear at the convention.
The three-day RuPaul’s DragCon LA is the world’s largest all-ages and family-friendly celebration of drag culture, returning for its 10th ever in-person event Friday, May 13th through Sunday, May 15th at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Featuring vendors, exhibitors, brand activations, panel and Q&A sessions, DragCon touts an array of programming fit for everyone.
This year’s convention will present three unique LIVE recordings of hit WOW Podcast Network series including Girl Group Gossip, Homophilia and It Do Take Nerd, featuring special guest star appearances by iconic actors and comedians including Rachel Bloom, June Diane Raphael and Daniel Franzese.
The programming slate will also include multiple panel conversations with the casts of RuPaul’s Drag Race UK (S1 & S2), RuPaul’s Drag Race Down Under, Canada’s Drag Race (S1 & S2) and Drag Race Holland (S1 & S2), hosted by TV personality and LGBTQ+ activist Ts Madison. Style Superstar Carson Kressley will host a live recording of Fashion Photo RuView, and the iconic Michelle Visage will also be making a special appearance at the convention. Attendees of the convention will have the opportunity to watch and experience these live discussions on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Additional details on these WOW Podcast Network podcasts and DragCon programming below:
- Homophilia Podcast: Hosts Dave Holmes and Matt McConkey grill your favorite LGBTQ+ celebrities on what they’re loving, and who they’re loving. These queer-centric conversations spotlight our guests’ pop culture obsessions and personal experiences with dating, sex, and love.
- Hosted by Matt McConkey and Dave Holmes
- Panelists include Bosco and June Diane Raphael
- Girl Group Gossip: Have you ever wondered what is going on inside the complex brain of RuPaul’s Drag Race UK star, Cheryl Hole? Girl groups! Join Cheryl Hole and special guests as they analyze and assess some of the most iconic Girl Groups in herstory.
- Hosted by Cheryl Hole
- Panelists include Rachel Bloom, Jackie Cox and Jan
- It Do Take Nerd: Fresh off her her-storic run on Season 12, Persian Princess of Drag, Jackie Cox is unleashing her nerdy side as she explores all things Nerdy – because while it takes Charisma, Uniqueness, and Talent…It Do Take Nerd! From sci-fi to fantasy, to video games – no four-eyed subject is off-limits as Jackie discusses the Queer impact that nerdy fandoms have had on her and her special guests.
- Hosted by Jackie Cox
- Panelists include Daniel Franzese, Tina Burner, Steven Sims
- Fashion Photo RuView: “RuPaul’s Drag Race” alums critique the runway looks from the RuPaul’s Drag Race mainstage. Will they TOOT or BOOT the Queens looks from the runway?
- Moderated by Carson Kressley
- Panelists include Raja, Nicky Doll, Alexis Mateo
- RuPaul’s Drag Race Series Cast Panels
- Moderated by Ts Madison
- Featuring casts of RuPaul’s Drag Race UK (S1 & S2), RuPaul’s Drag Race Down Under, Canada’s Drag Race (S1 & S2) and Drag Race Holland (S1 & S2)
About World of Wonder:
World of Wonder (WOW) has reshaped international pop culture, earning 28 Emmys, inspiring two Oscars, creating global network WOW Presents Plus across 190 territories, and bringing drag culture to the world stage via RuPaul’s Drag Race and DragCon. WOW’s pioneering television portfolio includes other smash-hit franchises like Million Dollar Listing. Their film division WOW Docs produces groundbreaking documentaries including Mapplethorpe: Look at the Pictures, Party Monster, and The Eyes of Tammy Faye. WOW also operates YouTube channel WOWPresents, music label World of Wonder Records, the WOW Podcast Network, and year-round international live events. Co-founders Fenton Bailey and Randy Barbato have been profiled in Variety’s Reality TV Impact Report. Honors for their trailblazing work include the IDA Pioneer Award, Realscreen’s Global 100 list, and the OUT 100. Most recently, World of Wonder was ranked #2 among film and TV powerhouses in Fast Company’s World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies.