Disney Media Networks is participating in the World’s Ultimate Toy Drive campaign to benefit the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve’s Toys for Tots Program and help bring joy to less fortunate children throughout the U.S. this holiday season. The campaign runs through Dec. 15, 2019, with various activations from across the company to inspire kids and families to join in the season of giving by giving back to those who need it most.
As part of the campaign, Tamron Hall, host of the nationally syndicated talk show “Tamron Hall,” presented a $300,000 donation from The Walt Disney Company to Toys for Tots on Veterans Day, Nov. 11, 2019.
Everyone is invited to contribute to the World’s Ultimate Toy Drive by donating new, unwrapped toys at Disney stores, shopDisney.com and at select events across the nation this holiday season.
- The ABC Owned Television Stations will host community toy drive events across the eight markets in Los Angeles, New York, Fresno, San Francisco, Houston, Chicago, Raleigh and Philadelphia.
- ESPN will help Toys for Tots collect toy donations at the Orlando Invitational at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex from Nov. 28 – Dec. 1, 2019.
- “GMA3: Strahan, Sara & Keke” will be shopping at the Times Square Disney Store on Nov. 13, 2019, to purchase toys to donate to Toys for Tots.
- “The View” is asking audience members to bring new, unwrapped toys to donate to Toys for Tots at their Nov. 27, 2019, taping.
- Donate a new, unwrapped toy online at shopDisney.com or at a U.S. Disney store from now through Dec. 15, 2019, and Disney will donate $1 to Toys for Tots (ToysForTots.org/holiday). As part of the campaign, produced content from across Disney’s media networks, including ABC’s “The Goldbergs,” “The Conners” and “Fresh Off the Boat,” ABC and Disney Channel’s holiday special “The Wonderful World of Disney: Magical Holiday Celebration,” and Freeform’s “Wrap Battle,” will feature storyline integrations that highlight the season of giving and supporting all families in need.
The Walt Disney Company has proudly supported the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve’s Toys for Tots Program for over 70 years, dating back to 1947 when Walt Disney and his animators designed the original Toys for Tots train logo that is still used today. Disney is pleased to continue this tradition with the World’s Ultimate Toy Drive.
Follow the entire campaign across all channels and business segments using the official hashtag #WorldsUltimateToyDrive. For more information, please visit ToysForTots.org/holiday.
About Marine Corps Reserve’s Toys for Tots
Toys for Tots, a 72-year national charitable program run by the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve, provides happiness and hope to disadvantaged children during each Christmas holiday season. The toys, books and other gifts collected and distributed by the Marines offer these children recognition, confidence and a positive memory for a lifetime. It is such experiences that help children become responsible citizens and caring members of their community. Last year the Marine Toys for Tots Program fulfilled the holiday hopes and dreams of 7 million less fortunate children in 800 communities nationwide. Since 1947 over 258 million children have been assisted. The Marine Toys for Tots Program is a not for profit organization authorized by the U.S. Marine Corps and the Department of Defense to provide fundraising and other necessary support for the annual Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program. For more information, visit ToysForTots.org/holiday.
About Disney Media Networks
Disney Media Networks is a division of The Walt Disney Company that contains the company’s vast array of television networks, cable channels, associated production and distribution companies, and owned and operated television stations.
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries, is a diversified worldwide entertainment company with operations in four business segments: Media Networks; Parks, Experiences and Products; Studio Entertainment; and Direct-to-Consumer and International. Disney is a Dow 30 company and had annual revenues of $69.6 billion in its Fiscal Year 2019. For more information about Disney, please visit www.thewaltdisneycompany.com.