By Marc Ang
Los Angeles, CA (The Hollywood Times) 11/17/21 – The King of Reggaetón, Daddy Yankee, Becomes Puerto Rico’s Latest Airbnb Host
● Reggaetón superfans have la oportunidad of a lifetime to stay at Daddy Yankee’s private home in Luquillo for the first time ever, while he’s away
● During their stay, guests will experience Puerto Rican culture and community that inspired their Host’s megahits, like “Gasolina,” “Con Calma,” and “Dura”
● The peaceful mountain hideaway offers a chance to reconnect with nature and explore nearby beaches and rainforests, including El Yunque
With countless awards, number one hits, and chart-topping music videos including recent hits like Top 20 smash “Con Calma” (featuring Katy Perry) in 2019 and the 16-week #1 hit “Despacito” with Luis Fonsi in 2017, Daddy Yankee is one of the most recognized Latin music superstars of all time, helping to lead in the genre’s resurgence.
As a pioneer of the “reggaetón” movement, he cemented his place in music history by creating hit after hit and becoming the father of the Latin Rhythmic radio format. During this time, he used his undeniable talent to build a community for people all over the world.
But one thing he’s never done is invite his fans to see his home that inspired his success, and where he’s simply known as “Ramón Ayala.” This fall, while he’s on the road, Daddy Yankee is becoming an Airbnb Host and inviting a few guests to stay in his personal home in Luquillo. The mountain retreat is where he goes to get away from it all and ground himself in family and the beauty of his country’s history and traditions.
“A love for music and for Puerto Rico runs in my blood,” said Daddy Yankee. “By hosting these stays, I want to share la cultura de mi gente, our pride, and our flavor – and demonstrate how easy it can be to invite others into your world, with el calor that completes it.”
Daddy Yankee, staying true to his Latin roots and the heritage that thrives on hospitality, is opening up his Puerto Rico home for three individual one-night stays for up to two guests, occurring on December 13, December 15, and December 17 for only $85* a night – commemorating his more than 85 chart-topping singles. Daddy Yankee will virtually greet guests upon arrival; and during their stay, guests will get to experience all the things that he loves about his home in Luquillo, including:
● Vibrant and contemporary decor by local design team Stewart Rodriguez, that’s inspired by Puerto Rican culture and some of the musician’s biggest hits like “Gasolina,” “Con Calma,” and “Dura.”
● Access to Daddy Yankee’s private memorabilia, including his vast awards collection, and more.
● Swimming in the outdoor pool (don’t worry, it’s warm all year round in Luquillo!) or playing dominos in the pool house.
● Play a competitive round of pool while watching your favorite music videos in the activities room, or head over to the retreat’s private volleyball court for a quick match.
● The opportunity to explore Luquillo’s famous beaches (perfect for the ultimate jangueo), and the beloved El Yunque National Forest.
● A “locals only” guide with Daddy Yankee’s recommended local restaurants and bars, and other spots to visit nearby.
● A specially-curated playlist of Daddy Yankee’s all-time favorite songs so you can listen (and dance to) during your stay.
Guests wishing to book should note that the stay’s rules are in strict adherence with local COVID-19 guidelines. According to Executive Order OE-2021-062 issued by the Governor of Puerto Rico, short-term rental guests must provide to the hosts, before having access to the accommodations, a document proving COVID-19 vaccination or, in the absence of the foregoing, a negative COVID-19 test result performed within the 72 hours prior to check-in. Additionally, all guests will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of the arrival for the stay upon check-in. Onsite staff will follow the Center for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines as well as Airbnb’s COVID-19 Safety Practices, which include wearing a mask, practicing social distancing, and abiding by our five-step enhanced cleaning process. Guests are responsible for their own travel to and from Puerto Rico and are also responsible for complying with the local protocols required to enter Puerto Rico.***
To honor the Puerto Rican community, Airbnb will make a one-time donation to PRoTechos, which rebuilds roofs and provides carpentry training in underserved Puerto Rican communities that are still undergoing infrastructure work as a result of the damage caused by Hurricane Irma, Maria, and subsequent disasters.
Daddy Yankee fans and Reggaetón lovers looking to get a taste of Puerto Rican estilo de vida can request to book this stay beginning December 2 at 1:00 PM EDT at airbnb.com/daddyyankee.
Interested in becoming a host like Daddy Yankee? Learn more at airbnb.com/host/homes.
*Plus taxes and fees
**The one-night stays are not a contest
***Those who request to book must currently live in the United States, South America, Mexico, Central America, or the islands of the Caribbean
Airbnb is closely monitoring Puerto Rico COVID-19 infection rates and government policies and will offer the booking guest a $1,000 USD Airbnb coupon if it becomes necessary to cancel the stays.
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home and has since grown to 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 900 million guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer one-of-a-kind stays and unique experiences that make it possible for guests to experience the world in a more authentic, connected way.