Academy Award-winner Jennifer Connelly to star alongside Joel Edgerton in Apple’s “Dark Matter” series adaptation
- Apple TV+ today announced that Academy Award-winner Jennifer Connelly (“A Beautiful Mind,” “Top Gun: Maverick”) is set to star in the highly anticipated Apple Original series adaption of “Dark Matter.” Starring and executive produced by Joel Edgerton, the new nine-episode, sci-fi series based on the blockbuster book by Blake Crouch will be written and showrun by Crouch and will be produced for Apple TV+ by Sony Pictures Television.
- Hailed as one of the best sci-fi novels of the decade, “Dark Matter” is a story about the road not taken. The series will follow Jason Dessen, (played by Edgerton) a physicist, professor, and family man who – one night while walking home on the streets of Chicago – is abducted into an alternate version of his life. Wonder quickly turns to nightmare when he tries to return to his reality amid the multiverse of lives he could have lived. In this labyrinth of mind-bending realities, he embarks on a harrowing journey to get back to his true family and save them from the most terrifying, unbeatable foe imaginable: himself.
- Connelly will play ‘Daniela,’ Jason Dessen’s wife.
- “Dark Matter” will be executive produced by Matt Tolmach (“Jumanji” franchise, “Venom,” “Future Man”) and David Manpearl for Matt Tolmach Productions. Crouch will write and serve as showrunner and executive producer on the series, and Jakob Verbruggen (“Invasion,” “The Alienist,” “London Spy,” “The Fall”) is set to direct the first three episodes.
- “Dark Matter” will premiere alongside an expanding slate of acclaimed and sweeping sci-fi series, including the third season of the Emmy Award-winning “For All Mankind,” also produced by Sony Pictures Television and created by Ronald D. Moore, and Golden Globe and Emmy Award nominees Ben Nedivi and Matt Wolpert; and, the highly anticipated second season of “Foundation,” the epic saga from storyteller David S. Goyer, based on the award-winning novels by Isaac Asimov.
- Apple TV+ is available on the Apple TV app in over 100 countries and regions, on over 1 billion screens, including iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac, popular smart TVs from Samsung, LG, Sony, VIZIO, TCL and others, Roku and Amazon Fire TV devices, Chromecast with Google TV, PlayStation and Xbox gaming consoles, and at tv.apple.com, for $4.99 per month with a seven-day free trial. For a limited time, customers who purchase and activate a new iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac or iPod touch can enjoy three months of Apple TV+ for free.*
About Jennifer Connelly
Connelly can currently be seen starring in TOP GUN 2: MAVERICK opposite Tom Cruise. The blockbuster premiered at Cannes Film Festival in May, flying into theatres on Memorial Day Weekend and has broken records grossing over $1.3 billion worldwide. The movie also recently surpassed AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR as the sixth-highest grossing movie in domestic box office history. Most recently, Connelly wrapped production on BAD BEHAVIOUR, which will mark actress and filmmaker Alice Englert’s directorial debut. The film is a dark comedy about Lucy (Connelly), a former child actress who seeks enlightenment at a retreat led by spiritual leader Elon (Ben Whishaw) while she also navigates the close yet turbulent relationship with her stunt performer daughter, Dylan (Englert).