By: Judy Shields
Rancho Cucamonga, California (The Hollywood Times) 02/27/2021 – “We had my fans vote on the title of my new album that my manager and I came up with. The fans voted for Baby Blues & Stilettos at 90%. Alyssa Trahan told The Hollywood Times in a recent phone conversation.
A Jill-of-all-trades, singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and audio engineer, Alyssa Trahan began making waves in Nashville as soon as she moved from her hometown of East Rochester, NY in 2016. Used to playing over 100 shows a year and captivating audiences with her energetic live shows opening for the likes of Charlie Daniels, Jana Kramer, Josh Turner, Lee Greenwood, Lee Ann Womack, Midland and many more, 2020 proved Alyssa had no plans of slowing down. As the COVID-19 pandemic swept across the United States, Alyssa kept writing, recording and producing. Her single “Ain’t Ever Goin’ Back” garnered more than 1 Million views on TikTok including fans of all ages and demographics.
Put on your headphones, grab a drink of choice, kick back and have a listen to our conversation about the new album:
Alyssa Trahan started off this year strong with her newest single “We Used To Be Happy” released on Jan. 27. The mid-tempo track shares a sense of deep longing, managing to be both reminiscent and regretful at the same time. Kicking off the first verse with vivid visuals, Alyssa traces the story of romantic fallout when the magic disappears.
“This is my favorite song I’ve ever released. Working with Jonathan on the production really made it sparkle and it has some of my favorite lyrics in it. This is a little sneak peek into my upcoming album and I couldn’t be more excited!” said Trahan.
When you pre-save the album Baby Blues & Stilettos you get “We Used To Be Happy” as a bonus. Click here: https://orcd.co/
“We Used To Be Happy”
Written by Alyssa Trahan, Jonathan Guzman, Adam Drexler and David Cole
Produced by Alyssa Trahan and Jonathan Guzman
Exclusive Premiere with Sounds Like Nashville
This young talented singer/songwriter reminds me of Sara Evans and Martina McBride with a hint of Taylor Swift, which are some fantastic female singers. Her music is ‘in’ with the new sounds of country music/pop! You can’t help but swing back and forth, while snapping your fingers. Each one of her 13 songs let’s the listener know what type of singer/songwriter she is and they all have amazing lyrics with the right kind of music. Watch out Country Music listeners, here comes Alyssa Trahan! Judy Shields, The Hollywood Times
Upcoming Album – Baby Blues & Stilettos – coming March 5
Self Produced, played most of the instruments, credited as a writer on every song.
Here are some key facts about Alyssa Trahan:
- “The up-tempo breakup tune finds Trahan recalling the blissful days of a past relationship as she struggles to move on from the beautiful what-was.”
- “Psychology” – Listen Here
- Exclusive Premiere with American Songwriter
- Featured on Spotify’s New Music Nashville playlist
- “Ain’t Ever Goin’ Back” – Listen Here
- Exclusively premiered by Guitar Girl
- “Alyssa Trahan is a force to be reckoned with and a killer guitarist as well. The song has an edgier vibe than some of her previous work with a Miranda Lambert feel. This single is all about not backing down.” – Featured in NYCountry Swag’s New Country Music playlist
- Music Video Exclusively Premiered by Sounds Like Nashville – Watch Here
- Supported on CMT
- Featured Artist for the month of June with Breedlove Guitars.
- Partnered with Lush Cosmetics on their summer campaign.
- “My Favorite Song” – Listen Here
- Exclusively premiered by Sweety High
- Watch Lyric Video Here
- American Songwriter premiered the official music video – Watch Here
- “Memories Not Dreams” – Listen Here
- Medium premiered the lyric video – watch here
- Music video premiered on Taste Of Country – 2/24 – Watch Here
- Self-produced and produces other artists
- Skyfall/Sony release, “Because I Am A Girl”
- Featured on WSMV Channel 4 News in Nashville. Over 150K streams on Spotify.
- Led to hosting a charity event featuring female artists called “Girls On The Rise.”
- Raised over $1,000 for a local charity called Girls On The Run of Middle TN.
- Signed a publishing deal with Dan Hodges Music in 2018.
- Has been in multiple musicals and commercial.
- Tom Wahl’s commercial (appeared as main character and wrote the jingle).
- Songs have been featured in commercials and films.
- “The Jersey Devil” – original song “Your Only Girl”
- “Never Too Late” – original song “Never Too Late”For more information visit www.alyssatrahan.com
Baby Blues & Stilettos Track Listing:
1. We Used to Be Happy (Alyssa Trahan, Jonathan Guzman, Adam Drexler, David Cole)
2. My Favorite Song (Tony Lucca, Alyssa Trahan)
3. Ain’t Ever Goin’ Back (Tony Lucca, Alyssa Trahan)
4. Tell My Heart (Alyssa Trahan, Dan Reifsnyder, John Cirillo)
5. Psychology (Alyssa Trahan, Kyle Rife)
6. Tilt-a-Whirl (Tony Lucca, Alyssa Trahan)
7. Pickle Jar (Alyssa Trahan)
8. The Narcissist (Alyssa Trahan, Craig Wilson)
9. Happy Place (Dan Reifsnyder, Alyssa Trahan)
10. Suffocating (Alyssa Trahan, Craig Wilson)
11. Memories Not Dreams (Adam James Deiboldt, Kent Maxson, Alyssa Trahan)
12. My Biggest Fan (Alyssa Trahan)
13. My Turn (Alyssa Trahan)
About Alyssa Trahan
In a male-dominated business, Alyssa Trahan is giving the guys a run for their money. A Jill-of-all-trades, singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and audio engineer, Trahan began making waves in Nashville as soon as she moved from her hometown of East Rochester, N.Y. in 2016. By producing her own music, she is able to blur genre lines with her modern pop production mixed with traditional country instrumentation winning fans over from all genres. With clever songwriting along with her catchy melodies and sweet vocals, Trahan’s music has taken off with her fans on social media. The release of her single “Ain’t Ever Goin’ Back” garnered more than 1 Million views on Tik Tok, leading to features in Guitar Girl Magazine along with the next single, “Psychology” being featured in American Songwriter.
In an unprecedented year, Trahan, who is used to playing over 100 shows a year opening for Jana Kramer, Josh Turner, Lee Greenwood, Lee Ann Womack, Midland and more, focused on the self-production of her first ever full length album. The multi-instrumentalist is now ready to showcase her creativity and talents with the world when Baby Blues & Stilettos releases this spring. With her fast-growing and dedicated fan base, talent and determination, the sky is truly the limit.