Deadline: Postmarked by March 31, 2017.
The Writers’ Workshop of Asheville, a non-profit organization founded in 1985, is sponsoring a poetry competition, open to any writer regardless of residence.
1st Place: Your choice of a 2 night stay at our Mountain Muse B&B; or 2 free workshops (in person or on-line); or 10 poems line-edited and revised by our editorial staff.
2nd Place: Two free workshops, in person or on-line; or 8 poems line-edited.
3rd Place: One free workshop; or 5 poems line-edited.
10 Honorable Mentions
– All work must be unpublished.
– Your name, address, and email should appear on the first page.
– The entry fee is $25 for up to three entries.
– Multiple entries are accepted. Each poem should not exceed two pages.
– Enclose legal size self-sealing SASE for critique and list of winners. Make check or money order payable to The Writers’ Workshop, and mail to: Annual Poetry Contest, 387 Beaucatcher Road, Asheville, NC 28805. The entry fee is also payable online at twwoa.org.
– Emailed submissions may be sent to email@example.com, with “Poetry Contest” in the subject.
The Renbourne Editorial Agency provides expert assistance with revising and editing your work – memoirs, fiction or creative non-fiction. We use a fine-tooth comb to ready your work for publication, in person or online. We also have writing coaches available to help organize and ready your work for publication, in person or online. In addition, personal tutorials and writing classes are also available. Please visit our website at www.twwoa.org, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (828-254-8111) to discuss our services in further detail.
The Renbourne Editorial Agency is a division of The Writers’ Workshop of Asheville, NC, a literary center founded in 1985.